Emergency Electrician For Safety Switch Failure
Need an emergency electrician for safety switch failure? Call Briggs today!
The main function of a safety switch is to protect your entire electrical system.
When a safety switch fails or trips, it’s identified that something’s not quite right within your electrical system. In short, it protects you and your family from electric shock or electrical damage due to a faulty appliance or overloading.
If an accident happens and your safety switch suddenly fails on you, then it is likely due to:
- Overloading, or
- A faulty device
You might experience flickering lights and lose all power in the home. Rare yet dire risks include electrical fire and electrocution.
If this happens, call an emergency electrician Melbourne as soon as possible. Do NOT attempt to fix your safety switch yourself.
Avoid Overloading Your System
We can sometimes blame electrical problems on external factors like wild weather, but most of the time, the problem lies within our own home or property. A safety switch can trip when an electrical system is overloaded.
Tips to avoid electrical overload
- Know the capacity of the electrical system of your home
- Avoid the simultaneous use of equipment with a high-energy consumption in the same electrical circuit (like electric oven, dishwasher, stove, air conditioner, etc.)
- Separate circuits can help the efficiency of the power supply in a larger commercial setting
- Use low-energy, long-life bulbs (read more about LED lighting here)
- Consider installing voltage or electrical stabilisers. Stabilisers are electrical protectors that maintain the voltage in a certain range, increasing it if it’s low, or increasing it if it’s high.
Safety switch and switchboard repairs and replacement
Call Briggs today to upgrade your switchboard. We’re emergency electricians in Melbourne who can install RCD safety switches to ensure protection for you, your family, and your business. Call now!