Electrical Fires | Emergency Electrician Melbourne

Electrical Fires

Emergency Electrician For Electrical Fires

Electrical Fires

Need An emergency electrician for electric fires? Call Briggs today!

In the event of an emergency, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.

Fires are unfortunately the cause of thousands of deaths around the world every year.

According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, 123 people died from accidental fire or flame injuries in 1998. Of these 123 deaths, 70 occurred in a house fire.

According to CFA Victoria, there are an average of 3000 house fires in Victoria every year.

Many are caused by electrical faults, which can be caused by the below.

Main causes of electrical fires

Faulty plugs, sockets, and wires

Most electrical fires result from problems with wiring, extension cords and faulty plugs. Keep an eye on your plugs and immediately get any damaged, worn, or faulty ones replaced by a qualified 24 hour electrician in Melbourne.

Old wiring is a common cause of electrical fires. Older wires are protected by a rubber coating, but over time, this protection can deteriorate, leaving exposed wires and as such increasing the risk of an electrical fire.

If your home was build before the 1980s, now is the time to organise an electrical inspection as soon as possible.

Today’s wires are coated in PVC, which is much more durable.

Circuit overload

Circuit overload can also lead to electrical fire.

Each time we buy a new appliance, like a dishwasher, television, or refrigerator, we are adding an additional consumer to our electrical circuit. Many times, a newer appliance will replace an older one, but in instances where appliances are added to a circuit, it can generate an over-consumption that can lead to a fire hazard.

You may consider separate electrical circuits in the home, designed to lessen the burden on a single circuit. Split circuits are also common in high-powered buildings like offices or other commercial settings.

Appliances

Household appliances that are overused or misused, or otherwise faulty, can also cause electrical fires. The scary part is that a lot of the time, you mightn’t know if an appliance is faulty, and will continue to use it as usual.

The most common appliances that can lead to electrical fires include ovens, dryers, central heating units, and televisions.

Contact Briggs immediately if you are having problems with household appliances and are concerned about your electrical system. Call now!

Just to let you know that the account for our kitchen light installation has been paid today with pleasure.

The boys did such a magnificent job, a job which took great skill and “imagination” as nothing was as per instructions as there were no instructions!!

Ann & Keith, VIC

Great efficient job.

Nick from Parkdale, VIC

Fast and efficient service from a very nice tradesman.

Barbara from Dingley Village, VIC

Job already completed thank you

Barbara from Dingley Village, VIC

Excellent job. Very fast, professional and thorough. Highly recommended.

Cameron from Collingwood North, VIC

The job was done very professionally.

Anita from Toorak, VIC

Excellent communication and fantastic service. Highly recommended!

Subhash from Noble Park, VIC

Job well done

Sunil from Mckinnon, VIC

Very quick, very good price and thorough work.

Say from Sandringham, VIC

Great job, reliable and very professional.

Peter from Bentleigh East, VIC

Professional, quick and reliable. Would definitely use again in an instant and recommend to others. Thank you David.

Nadobato from Mordialloc, VIC

David got back to me the moment i had posted that i needed an electrician, he came the next morning and did an excellent job, I’m a very happy customer!

Danielle from Cheltenham East, VIC

Great job, would recommend to anyone

External Feedback from Stephanie

David was able to come immediately and worked in with what we needed. His work is exemplary. Would have no hesitation recommending him.

Steve from Glen Waverley, VIC

Great Guy who does excellent work. I would definitely hire him again and also recommend him to friends.

Dominic from Burnley North, VIC

Outstanding reputation for service…

David was able to come immediately and worked in with what we needed. His work is exemplary. Would have no hesitation recommending him.

Sue from Springvale South, VIC

Please leave this field empty.

logo

Please fill up the form to lodge a job